|Image courtesy of Ashoka Philippines website.|
Ashoka is setting up shop in the Philippines
They've currently got two openings waiting to be filled by two dynamic people with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to change the world for the better.
and they're looking to build their team!
1. Ashoka Philippines Country Director
- Developing strategies and networks to select and support leading social entrepreneurs and linking them to Ashoka’s global network of Fellows
- Launching relevant Ashoka programs offering young people, citizens, and institutions opportunities to become changemakers and solve social problems
- Building bridges between businesses and citizen sector organizations allowing more efficient flow of ideas and resources between the sectors
- Increasing awareness of Ashoka, social entrepreneurship and changemaking through events, media outreach, and engagement of people from all sectors of society in the Everyone a Changemaker movement
- Raising the necessary resources to support Ashoka’s work in the Philippines.
2. Ashoka Philippines Program Associate
- Support the Country Director in the launch of relevant Ashoka programs; engaging partners from both the business and citizen sectors
- Coordinate the search and selection program for Ashoka Fellows; conducting thorough research and due diligence on Fellow candidates
- Manage the Ashoka program's finance and administrative processes
- Assist in the marketing and communication of Ashoka's vision and efforts in the Philippines
For more information about the positions, eligibility and how to apply, visit their job posting page.
To learn more about the organization, visit their website at http://philippines.ashoka.org/
And if you still want to learn more, a more intimate look at their work can be found in the book "How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas." Read my review of the book here.