Monday, February 1, 2010

A life less ordinary


And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying,
"Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain."
So God granted him what he requested.
I Chronicles 4:10 NKJV


I encountered a prayer called The Prayer of Jabez back in 2003. And like many others, I would go on to tell people that if you do pray it sincerely.. as in really mean it.. it will happen.

I've prayed it several times over the past seven years, and God never failed to answer.  I always forget to write down the dates though, and note how long (or short) a time it takes for something to happen. So this is an attempt to finally put it on record.

The thing is, it's not about saying a few magic words and then waiting for the spell to take effect. It's about looking at your life, and realizing that it's a little bit too ordinary for your taste. It's about telling yourself and your God (and the universe?) that you're done with the way things are, and that you're ready to make things a little bit more interesting. It's about reminding yourself that you were meant to do awesome things; and if your life doesn't reflect that, then you're shortchanging yourself.

When you find yourself in that place, then you're ready to honestly and sincerely pray the prayer of Jabez. 

So here I am.

Prayed: February 1, 2010.

Now let's wait and see..





- - - - 






To learn more about The Prayer of Jabez, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment